BC Snowboard and Canada Snowboard are committed to getting more girls and women onto the slopes as competitive riders. We’re also building more pathways for women to become coaches, officials, judges and leaders within our sport. There is every reason to believe in a future where one day we’ll have the same number of females and males involved in snowboarding, but there is still a long way to go! Our short-term goal is get see Canada Snowboard‘s female membership rise above 30% and we want you to be part of this movement.
In response to this vision, Elleboard was created with the mission to give all women in Canada the opportunity to develop as snowboard athletes, coaches or technical leaders. Elleboard Programs focus on the progression and promotion of female riders through a variety of training sessions, events, camps and technical development opportunities.
- Supporting the development of female coaches through equitable opportunities
- Development of women officials (training and certification)
- Development of women judges (training and certification)
- Training opportunities for interested women snowboarders to be Learning Facilitators for the Canada~Snowboard Coach Program (CSCP)
- Training and competition opportunities for women athletes at the Learn to Train stage of athlete development.
One of the exciting training opportunities offered through this program is Ride Days, a nationwide all-girls tour consisting of 1-day sessions led by top coaches.
Elleboard is proud to have the support of Sport Canada, the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women in Sport, and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC).
For more information, please contact: email@example.com